Flexible Wall Permeability
Studies on water movement, or hydraulic conductivity, through natural soil formations or man-made embankments yields information valuable in geotechnical design and environmental applications. Specimens encased in latex membranes are tested in fluid-filled pressurized cells. Pressure Control Panels, Latex Membranes, Porous Stones and other accessories are shared with triaxial test methods, and Flexible Wall Permeability Cells are similar to Triaxial Cells.
- Flexible Wall Permeability Cells use high-quality materials and fittings and proven Karol-Warner design for accurate and reliable results. Cells and components are available for samples up to 6in (152mm) diameter and meet ASTM requirements.
- Flexible Wall Permeability Cell Accessories are Specimen Caps and Pedestals, Porous Stones, Latex Membranes and End Caps. These critical testing components are additionally available as complete kits for specific specimen sizes. Other accessories are also available to trim specimens to size and mount samples in cells with minimal disturbance.
- Triaxial / Permeability Control Panels regulate and measure air and fluid pressures in Test Cells during permeability and triaxial testing. For testing one specimen, the Master Panel with digital pressure readout is required. To test an additional sample simultaneously, a Basic Panel can be used and connected to the Master Panel to share pressure readings.
- Toxic Interface Units allow safe permeability testing of soil specimens when using toxic or corrosive permeant fluids or testing contaminated samples. They also provide a physical barrier to protect expensive laboratory equipment from corrosive damage.
- Pore Pressure Measurement includes instrumentation for measuring and recording pore water pressures in soil specimens during triaxial or flexible wall permeability tests.
- Sample Preparation includes equipment for trimming, preparing and mounting samples to ensure accurate testing.