Flexible Wall Permeability Cell Accessories
Karol-Warner offers a wide range of accessories required for sample preparation and testing of Flexible Wall Permeability soil specimens in Test Cells. To make determining your selection easier, we offer the Selection Guide: Flexible Wall Permeability Cell Accessories, a simple tool to help guide customers to the right item by matching specimen size to a given product. Note that specimen size is indicated in both inch and millimeter measurements on the chart.
- Flexible Wall Test Cell Kits are available to fit specific sample sizes and include an Anodized Aluminum Cap and Pedestal, two Aluminum Oxide Porous Stones, four Sealing O-Rings and two Latex Membranes. Contact us about caps and pedestals fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Aluminum Oxide or Sintered Bronze Porous Stones are used in triaxial, permeability and a variety of other soil tests to support specimen ends while allowing free drainage of soil. Aluminum Oxide Porous Stones are most commonly used, and are typically in stock in a variety of sizes. Sintered Bronze Porous Stones are more durable than Aluminum Oxide and are available in select sizes. See our complete selection of Porous Stones in a wide variety of sizes. Contact us for specialty porous stones.
- Filter Paper (Grade 55) is used in soil testing procedures to prevent intrusion of samples into the porous stone.
- .012in or .025in Thick Latex Membranes are used in soil testing labs around the country. They are made from pure latex rubber under tightly-controlled, proprietary manufacturing processes to maintain the highest quality membranes, free from defects. Membranes are in stock in the standard sizes shown here. They are packaged in amber colored bags to inhibit ultra-violet light damage during storage. Supplied in packages of one dozen. Our complete selection of Latex and Neoflex Membranes in a variety of sizes is listed separately.
- Membrane Testers check Latex Membranes for leaks. They consist of an aluminum tube with a hose and hose clamp for connection to user's vacuum supply.
- Membrane Stretchers consist of an aluminum tube with a port, flexible tubing and pinch valve to allow easy installation of the Latex Membrane over the soil specimen. For use with user's vacuum supply.
- Sealing O-Rings seal the ends of the Latex Membrane to the cap and pedestal. Supplied 10 per pack.
- O-Ring Placing Tools make it quick and easy to mount O-Rings to seal the Latex Membrane on the cap and pedestal while minimizing disturbance to the drain lines and soil sample.
- Flexible Wall Anodized Aluminum Caps have two drain ports and include two finger tight 1/8in tube fittings. Caps are grooved for secure fit of O-Rings. Contact us about caps fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Flexible Wall Pedestals are crafted from anodized Aluminum and grooved for O-Rings. Pedestal has two drain ports and is keyed to prevent pinching of tubing during set up. Contact us about pedestals fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Two-Part Vacuum Split Molds are used to prepare compacted specimens of non-cohesive soil. A vacuum is applied to the mold with a Latex Membrane inside and soil is compacted inside of the membrane.
- Two-Part Split Compaction Molds aid with preparation of cohesive soil specimens. Material is compacted in mold and on top of a steel base plate.
- Two-Part Miter Boxes are used for precise trimming to length of the soil specimen and squaring the ends with a Wire Saw.