LBR Testing Equipment
Limerock Bearing Ratio (LBR) is a penetration test that evaluates the relative strength of soil subgrades and base courses for pavements in accordance with Florida standard FM 5-515. A standard piston is forced into a prepared sample or an in situ site, and the resistance is measured. Laboratory samples are compacted into LBR Molds and may be soaked in water while loaded with surcharge weights before the LBR test in a Load Frame. Karol-Warner offers the following LBR test equipment:
- Load Frames by Karol-Warner are ideal for penetration testing of laboratory LBR samples. Load Frames are outfitted with Load & Displacement Measurement accessories and penetration pistons, all purchased separately. Other components are available to configure the Load Frames for a variety of other laboratory soil tests. These versatile units feature strain rates accurate to ±1% of the set point and large, adjustable frame openings to accommodate different types of testing fixtures.
- Load & Displacement Measurement components measure testing forces and deformation or displacement of the sample. Your choice of analog or digital elements mount easily to Load Frames or testing fixtures.
- LBR Mold Set is used to prepare and test soil samples for Limerock Bearing Ratio (LBR) testing. Rugged and rust-resistant, they are an ideal choice for strength testing in Karol-Warner Load Frames. Our LBR Molds meet AASHTO and ASTM standards and are available as complete sets as well as individual components.
- LBR Penetration Pistons have standard dimensions to meet ASTM and AASHTO requirements and are manufactured with different mounting thread sizes for Load Cells and Load Rings.
- LBR Data Acquisition Software records specimen information and real-time test data, calculates results, then prepares reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements. Additional components are required for operation.
- LBR Surcharge Weights used in the application of surcharge forces select from two models annular or slotted.
- LBR Spacer Disc is inserted into LBR Molds as a false bottom during compaction.
- Swell Plate is used when measuring swell and as a carrier for surcharge weights.
- Filters are placed between the soil and the spacer disc. Select from reusable stainless steel wire mesh circles or single-use coarse filter paper.
- Soaking Tank is used for the soaking process of two maximum CBR or LBR molds.
- Mold Support Rack is used to hold a CBR or LBR mold and test components while soaking in the Soaking Tank.
- LBR Mold Set Components include the mold, base, and collar, all sold separately for replacement or additional preparation of specimens for 6x6in (152mmx152mm) soil specimens.