These penetration pistons are used specifically for California Bearing Ratio (CBR) soil subgrade and base course tests, and comply with ASTM and AASHTO requirements. The 1.954in (49.63mm) diameter pistons fit standard testing equipment and are available in two models with different thread diameters.
7010-A CBR Penetration Piston has a 1/2in (12.7mm) diameter male connector with 20tpi threads. Is used with 100 to 10,000lbf load rings and 500 to 2,500lbf load cells.
7010-B CBR Penetration Piston has a 3/4in (19mm) diameter male connector with 16tpi threads. Can be used with 5,000 to 10,000lbf load cells.
- Constructed to fit standard CBR testing equipment
- Available with two different mounting connectors
- Conforms to ASTM and AASHTO testing standards
- 7010-A CBR Penetration Piston, Male Connector (1/2in x 20tpi), or
7010-B CBR Penetration Piston, Male Connector (3/4in x 16tpi)
- 6752 CBR / LBR Data Acquisition Software records specimen information and real-time test data, calculates results, then prepares reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements