Aggregate Testing Equipment
Aggregate testing equipment from Karol-Warner is designed and manufactured in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards to help identify the quality and characteristics of aggregates.
Aggregate materials are a fundamental component of pavement subbases, asphalt roadways, and concrete structures. Their size, shape, durability, resistance to wear, and strength characteristics help determine the performance when used for these construction materials.
- Proportional Calipers are available in two models. These calipers are used to determine shape characteristics of aggregates when used in concrete and asphalt mixtures.
- Aggregate Washers are also available in two models. The automatic aggregate washers save time over the traditional manual method of washing clay and silt materials in preparation of particle size analysis.
- Fine Aggregate Angularity Apparatus determines the uncompacted void content (fine aggregate angularity) of fine aggregates.
- Slake Durability Apparatus determines the abrasion resistance of shale and weak rock. Slake Durability simulates weather-related impacts by subjecting the samples to alternating washing and drying cycles.
- Proppant Crush Test System is used to determine the resistance to crushing and degradation of “frac sand” or proppant materials used in the hydraulic fracturing and oil recovery industry.