Data Acquisition Software
Data Acquisition Software displays real-time data and records load and displacement values for several soils and asphalt laboratory tests in accordance with applicable ASTM and AASHTO standards.
Free 30-day trial versions are available.
Separate software for California Bearing Ratio (CBR), triaxial compression, unconfined compressive strength, soil cement, consolidation, direct/residual shear, and Marshall stability also follow ASTM and AASHTO requirements for the collection and calculation of results.
The software is optimized for use with Karol-Warner data readouts and load and displacement sensors on devices with a Windows operating system installed. Equipment and company-specific information can be entered for inclusion in the final reports. Test information and report data can also be exported to a spreadsheet application or converted into a PDF document.
Data Acquisition Software records load and displacement values and displays real-time data for several soil and asphalt laboratory tests. Additional components required for operation are listed below.
- CBR / LBR Data Acquisition Software obtains CBR / LBR load and displacement data and generates a real-time load penetration curve. The software requires a 6572 two-channel or 6574 four-channel Data Readout, a Load Cell of adequate capacity, a Linear Variable Displacement Transducer, 7009 CBR Indicator/Transducer Holder, and 7010-A or 7010-B Penetration Piston for operation.
- Marshall Data Acquisition Software logs and graphs data to determine the peak stability and flow of asphalt pavement mixtures. The software requires a 6572 two-channel or 6574 four-channel Data Readout, 6145 10,00lbf Load Cell, a Linear Variable Displacement Transducer, and a 7021-B Dial Indicator/Displacement Transducer Bracket for operation.
- Consolidation Data Acquisition Software records the consolidation rate during incremental loading on soil samples. The software requires a Consolidation Load Frame equipped with a two-channel 6572 or four-channel 6574 Data Readout and a 6152 or 6153 Linear Variable Displacement Transducer (LVDT). Alternately, the software can be configured for use with a 6820 Digital Dial Indicator and 6800 USB cable in place of a displacement transducer and data readout box.
- Direct / Residual Shear Data Acquisition Software records direct / residual shear and consolidation data in accordance with applicable ASTM and AASHTO standards. The Direct / Residual Shear software is optimized for use with the 2001-D and 2050-D Direct Shear Machines, which include the required 6574 four-channel Data Readout, 6142 Load Cell, and two 6152 Displacement Transducers.
- Unconfined Compressive Strength Data Acquisition Software records the axial load and rate of deformation data when testing a cohesive soil sample. The software requires a 6572 two-channel or 6574 four-channel Data Readout, Load Cell, Displacement Transducer, and 3095 Plastic Discs for Unconfined Soil Tests or 7020 3in Platens for Unconfined Compressive Strength for operation.
- Soil Cement Data Acquisition Software calculates unconfined compressive strength after logging the axial load and vertical deformation data of soil-cement samples. The software requires a 6572 two-channel or 6574 four-channel Data Readout, Load Cell, Displacement Transducer, and a Swivel Top Platen for operation.
- Triaxial Data Acquisition Software records axial load and deformation data of Unconsolidated Undrained, Consolidated Undrained, Consolidated Drained, or unconfined soil samples. The software requires a 6572 two-channel or 6574 four-channel Data Readout, Load Cell, and Displacement Transducer.