CBR Test Equipment
California Bearing Ratio (CBR) is a penetration test to evaluate the relative strength of soil subgrades and base courses for pavements. A standard piston is forced into a prepared sample or an in situ site and the resistance is measured. Laboratory samples are compacted into CBR Molds and may be soaked in a water bath while loaded with surcharge weights prior to the CBR test in a Load Frame. Karol-Warner offers the following CBR test equipment:
- Load Frames by Karol-Warner are ideal for penetration testing of laboratory CBR samples. Load Frames are outfitted with Load & Displacement Measurement accessories and penetration pistons, all purchased separately. Other components are available to configure the Load Frames for a variety of other laboratory soil tests. These versatile units feature strain rates accurate to ±1% of set point and large, adjustable frame openings to accommodate different types of testing fixtures.
- CBR / LBR Data Acquisition Software records specimen information and real-time test data, calculates results, then prepares reports following ASTM and AASHTO requirements. Additional components are required for operation.
- Load & Displacement Measurement components measure testing forces and deformation or displacement of the sample. Your choice of analog or digital elements mount easily to Load Frames or testing fixtures.
- CBR Molds are used to compact, form, and saturate soil samples in preparation for strength testing.
- CBR Penetration Pistons have standard dimensions to meet ASTM and AASHTO requirements, and are manufactured with different mounting thread sizes for Load Cells and Load Rings.