Direct Shear Accessories
Direct Shear Accessories from Karol-Warner are sized for use with corresponding Shear Boxes in direct / residual shear testing. Each line of products is available in a matching selection of inch and metric-measure sizes. A Shear Box Counterbalance is also available and used when testing a direct shear specimen of 2.5in (63.5mm) or smaller in accordance with ASTM standards.
Cutters, Extruders, and Porous Stones are supplied in a variety of sizes that work with all Shear Box diameters and shapes. The Shear Box Counterbalance is used with a round or square Shear Box when testing specimens that have a sample size of 2.5in or smaller.
- Cutters trim circular or square soil samples to fit Shear Boxes for direct / residual shear testing.
- Extruders feature an easy-grip handle and help keep the sample intact during removal after testing.
- Porous Stones are constructed of aluminum oxide with 0.25in thickness, and come in round or square shapes.
- Filter Paper (Grade 55) is used in soil testing procedures to prevent intrusion of samples into the porous stone.
- Shear Box Counterbalance is used to support the top section of a Shear Box to ensure compliance with standards.
- Nylon Alignment Screw is used with Shear Boxes and can be ordered as a replacement part.