Triaxial Cell Accessories
Accessories for Triaxial Cells include Cap and Pedestal fittings and equipment for forming and sizing soil specimens. Also featured here are the most popular sizes of Latex Membranes, Porous Stones, and O-Rings to fit the samples, along with devices to aid in their installation. Check out the Latex Membranes and Porous Stones pages for complete selections. The Selection Guide: Triaxial Cell Accessories is a simple-to-use tool for matching the Karol-Warner selection of accessory products to specimen size. For additional ease of use, this chart includes size measurements in both inch and millimeter.
- Triaxial Test Cell Kits are available for specific sample sizes and include an Anodized Aluminum Cap and Pedestal, two Aluminum Oxide Porous Stones, four Sealing O-Rings, and two 0.012in Latex Membranes. Contact us about caps and pedestals fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Aluminum Oxide/Sintered Bronze Porous Stones are used in triaxial, permeability, and a variety of other soil tests to support specimen ends while allowing free drainage of soil. Aluminum Oxide Porous Stones are most commonly used and are typically in stock in a variety of sizes. Sintered Bronze Porous Stones are more durable than Aluminum Oxide and are available in select sizes. See our complete selection of Porous Stones in a wide variety of sizes. Contact us for specialty Porous Stones.
- Filter Paper (Grade 55) is used in soil testing procedures to prevent intrusion of samples into the porous stone.
- .012in / .025in Latex Membranes are the standard material in soil testing labs around the country. They are made from pure latex rubber under tightly-controlled, proprietary manufacturing processes to maintain the highest quality membranes, free from defects. Membranes are stocked in the standard sizes shown here. They are packaged in amber-colored bags to inhibit ultraviolet light damage during storage. Supplied in packages of 12. Our complete selection of Latex and Neoflex Membranes in a variety of sizes is listed separately.
- Membrane Testers test Latex Membranes to check for leaks. They consist of an aluminum tube with a hose and hose clamp for connection to user's vacuum supply.
- Membrane Stretchers consist of an aluminum tube with a port, tubing, and pinch valve for easy installation of the Latex Membrane over the soil specimen. For use with user's vacuum supply.
- Sealing O-Rings seal the ends of the Latex Membrane to the cap and pedestal. Supplied 10 per pack.
- O-Ring Placing Tools make an easy job of mounting O-Rings around the Cap and Latex Membrane while minimizing disturbance to the drain lines and soil sample.
- Triaxial Anodized Aluminum Caps have two drain ports and include two finger tight 1/8in tube fittings. Caps are grooved for secure fit of O-Rings. Contact us about caps fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Triaxial Pedestals are crafted from anodized aluminum and grooved for O-Rings. Pedestal has two drain ports and is keyed to prevent pinching of tubing during setup. Contact us about pedestals fabricated from stainless steel or acrylic materials.
- Two-Part Vacuum Split Molds are used to prepare compacted specimens of non-cohesive soil. The vacuum is applied to the mold with a Latex Membrane inside and soil is compacted inside of the membrane.
- Two-Part Compaction Molds aid with preparation of cohesive soil specimens. Material is compacted in mold and on top of steel base plate.
- Two-Part Compaction Mold Assemblies include the Two-Part Compaction Mold, collar, and base.
- Two-Part Miter Boxes are used for precise trimming to length of the soil specimen and squaring the ends with a Wire Saw.